Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Its Inevitable

I'm standing on top of one of the biggest mountains in the lands. The cool breeze runs past my skin bring with it a fresh scent from who knows where. As I look over the land below I see a monster attacking other people. Quickly I spring into action to go help the people below slay this monster. As I am running up to this monster I can see its huge hands and ginormous body. With this almost frost like aura emitting from him. I join the other players and we release our assault onto this beast and end up defeating it! What a glorious battle it was!


This is what Video Games portray themselves as. An epic experience between player and AI with amazing visuals, graphics, and immersive game play that will keep you craving for me. Video games do in fact do this for a lot of people. There have been people playing World of Warcraft since the Vanilla days and are still enjoying the game. That's not how I am with video games though. I love MMORPG's I think they offer some of the most intense and rewarding game play experiences across all other genres. But MMORPG's are meant to be played for a very long amount of time, and with my attention span it is very difficult to play games to there full potential when you essentially are getting bored of the game. Think about that concept for a second, getting BORED of a video game. Video games are essentially, in my opinion, an escape from actual reality to virtual reality, right? Can we all agree on that statement? Cool. Anyway, back to the getting bored part, how insane is it that people can get bored of video games? I mean seriously, they are made just for people to enjoy them. So, if we can use simple logic and math here for a second, if a person is bored of our actual reality and then gets bored of whatever game he is playing (virtual reality), we are essentially bored of 2 DIFFERENT realities. We are a species who has become educated enough to even make these mini simulations of virtual reality, and then we get bored of them. Am I really the only one that thinks this concept is crazy? What happens when mankind becomes complex enough to make virtual realities that we can actually mistake as our real reality? Well that is a completely different conversation about science and math and yada yada yada. Video games man, they really are something aren’t they.


2 comments:

  1. I love video game as an escape, what where you playing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didnt realize people would actually be commenting on this sorry for the delayed response. I was/am playing an MMORPG called Archeage

      Delete