Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Transition

Twitch.tv is a video game streaming website. People stream themselves playing games while a live audience can "chat" with the player. The website has evolved so much over time that the audience can now contribute to these peoples finances. Making it so many people can now make a living just by playing games that they like. Some time ago people started doing other things on there streams such as painting, sculpting, glassblowing, and a bunch of other cool non-gaming things. Twitch, seeing that this category could potentially be a big part of there website, decided to bring more attention to the category. They decided to run a stream for every single episode of The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross. This decision quickly became a massive success, the stream averaged about 45,000 viewers at all times. It brought a huge wave of people into the creative category and gave a lot of these streamers chances for there channels to grow. The only problem is after the marathon ended the viewers for the creative category significantly dropped and tons of people wanted the Bob Ross stream to continue. So Twitch decided to re run all the episodes, but this time only do it on Mondays. So every Monday there is a 24 hour stream of The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross. I kind of find it funny that all these people really want to watch him paint. I personally watched a substantial amount of the original marathon and can say that he is a god. The things that man can do with a couple different sized paint brush and a knife is incredible. I also personally love when he cleans off his brush and drys it by hitting it across this pole like thing and says, "and just hit the Devil out of it" with this creepy Bob Ross giggle and smile. I also liked the random clips of him and his weird ass animals that he always had, that guy was just incredible. The only thing different that I would do if I was Twitch was instead of pocketing the money like the greedy business monkeys they are they could donate it to a charity or something like that. But business will be business.

1 comment: