Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Can't get enough

I know over the past few weeks I have been pretty hyped about this game Super Smash Bros. Melee. And why wouldn't I be? The game is literally built around people being hyped about it, at least the competitive scene is. That is just what I am trying to do as well, I want to be able to get into the competitive scene and try to make a name for myself. I haven't been to any tournaments and I have never played anyone that takes the game as serious as me but I am hoping to change that in the next couple weeks. My birthday is on November 15th and I decided that for a little present to myself I was going to go to a tournament on the 14th. There aren't many big tournaments around this area except for The Big House (which has already happened earlier in October I believe) and The Michigan Arcadian. The Arcadian for this year has over 200 entries and is going to be held at the University of Michigan. Now, the tournament is designed for the non top tier to play, so that means there aren't going to be some of the best players in the world there. But at the same time there will still be competition. With over 200 entries one can only assume that there is going to be some good players right? I myself don't really know how I stack up against any of these players, I think that I can hold my own, but at the same time I know the possibility of just getting 4 stocked every game. This is a big step for anyone though wanting to make a name for themselves in this community. If you are familiar with the game I am a Captain Falcon player. I think he is one of the more versatile characters, obviously he isn't top tier but I think that he is one of the few characters that is capable of winning a tournament. Just starting in the last couple days I have had myself on a training regimen so that I can try to get my movement and combos as fluid as possible. In my opinion, half the game is just being able to put your character in the right spot at the right time. Practicing movement like I have been doing is hopefully going to elevate my game just a little more so I can try to get a somewhat decent placing at this tournament. This tournament isn't for another 11 days but even now I can feel the pressure and anxiety I would get when I was about to step foot onto the court for a basketball game. The excitement is real.

1 comment:

  1. thats one of my favorite games I haven't played it in a while though

    ReplyDelete