Tuesday, December 15, 2015
3. S2j
The player S2j is a special one to me, he is my 2nd favorite player ever and my first favorite Captain Falcon player ever. His first name is Johnny, which most of his close friends refer to him as, and his tag "s2j" stand for "smoke 2 joints". I've always wanted to ask him if that is a reference to the song by Sublime, but I guess we might never know for sure. If you haven't heard that song by Sublime I strongly recommend it. So what to say about s2j, well first off he is definitely the fan favorite no matter who he plays it seems. Captain Falcon being considered on the lower end of the high tier players, everyone likes to cheer for the underdog to win. Even without that though, Captain Falcon is by far one of the most explosive and flashy characters in the game and all of his moves look cool. He is also extremely fast, maybe even the fastest in melee, and watching him move all over the stage is mesmerizing. As someone who plays the game and knows how hard it is to do some of the high level movements like wavedashing, dash dancing, and wavelanding its very fun to watch someone do it so cleanly. S2j and Mang0 are also really close friends and there play styles are also very similar. S2j has a very fast and unpredictable play style which can either give him a insane advantage or crushing disadvantage. He holds a special part in my heart because he is actually the reason I decided I wanted to play Captain Falcon as my main character. Watching him actually made me want to play the game the way he did, because what he did looked so much fun. Most people would want to pick one of the very high tier characters and get really good at them, but I think you should never play someone just because they are good. You need to have fun with what you are doing if you ever expect to have any kind of drive to get better. Being bored and winning is probably one of the most pointless things anyone could do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment